PROPOSED GUIDELINES FOR RE-OPENING SALONS
PRIOR TO OPENING THE SALON:
1. Obtain cleaning and disinfection products and appropriate PPE.
2. Ensure the facilities meet all requirements of state and local officials for operating a business.
PRIOR TO OPENING THE SALON TO CUSTOMERS EACH DAY:
1. Place a sign at the entrance of the salon informing customers they will be screened upon entry.
Services cannot be provided to any customer who has symptoms consistent with COVID-19, has a temperature exceeding
100.3, has had fever or other symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within the past 72 hours or has been in contact with
any individual with fever or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
2. All areas of the salon which will be occupied shall be cleaned and disinfected with an EPA registered disinfectant labeled bactericidal,
virucidal and fungicidal including all surfaces, restrooms, break rooms, reception area, computer keyboard, phones, door handles,
light switches and point of sale equipment, stations, shampoo bowls, manicure tables, pedicure tables and esthetics tables.
3. Items which cannot be sanitized shall be removed from the service area of salon, i.e. any upholstered furniture, drapery, rugs or magazines.
4. Stations in use shall be at least 10 feet from each other to maintain 6 feet between individuals except for the licensee
or permittee while receiving services.
5. Stations in use shall have hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol available for use.
6. Any refreshments offered to customers must be in sealed, self-contained, single, serving, disposable containers.
ENTRY TO SALONS:
1. Clients must wait outside of salon and observe social distancing requirements.
2. Each staff member and customer shall be screened upon entry to verify the individual does not have symptoms consistent
with COVID-19 or a temperature exceeding 100.4. Individuals with symptoms consistent with COVID19 or a temperature exceeding
100.4 will not be permitted in the salon.
3. Each staff member and customer shall certify in writing they have not had fever or other symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within
the past 72 hours and have not been in contact with any individual with fever or symptoms consistent with COVID-19 within the past 14 days.
4. Each staff member and customer must wash hands with soap and water upon entry to the salon and prior to exiting the salon, with hand sanitizer
available at the salon entrance.
5. Each staff member and customer shall wear a face covering while in the salon. Cloth coverings must be laundered and dried at high heat daily.
6. Records of all services including the customer’s name and date and time of service shall be maintained by the salon for three years.
SERVICES TO BE PERFORMED IN SALONS ONLY:
1. No cosmetology services shall be performed outside of a licensed salon.
2. No cosmetology services shall be performed in the home of a customer.
PROCEDURES DURING SERVICES:
1. All reusable tools and implements shall be cleaned with an antimicrobial wash and then sanitized or sterilized after each. L.A.C.
46:XXI.701(N) and 713(A)(3)
2. Each customer shall wear a disposable cape or a cape which can be disinfected over their clothing while services are being performed.
3. Licensees and permittees performing services shall wear appropriate personal protective equipment.
4. Licensees and permittees shall wash their hands with soap and water prior to providing services to each client.
L.A.C. 46:XXI.701(G), 711(B)(1) and 713(A)(1)
5. Products shall be dispensed using sprayers, shakers, pumps or clean spatulas to avoid contamination.
PROCEDURES AFTER EACH CUSTOMER:
1. Station and chair shall be wiped down with an EPA registered labeled bactericidal, virucidal and fungicidal disinfectant.
2. Shampoo bowls and chairs shall be disinfected after each use.
3. Disposable tools, implements and capes and personal protective equipment shall be disposed of in a covered container.
4. Reusable capes shall be sanitized prior to reuse.